• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

No Spark

sledhead

Question

I've got a 1975 johnson 70hp three cyclinder. 2 summers ago she sucked in a read cracked no. 3 piston and spit it out the side. Had the motor welded and I rebuilt it. punched it out .30 over. Ran like a dream. Now last fouth of July she cacked again. This time no spark. Pulled off the flywheel and all three exciter coiled cracked open and melted. Ok now have got a new OMC stator but still no spark. Going to take in the ignition coils to work and test them. But if that ain't it where do a go next? I was thinking the kill switch took a dump? It turns over and and the elctric choke works, I haven't got a manual but going to order one through bell. Help please. this thing needs to run Got to sell it for the new house is being built.

4 answers to this question

I'm leaning on power pack too. I blew two last year and got tired of replacing them. I believe you should be getting 12V between - and amplifier output stage (black w/white stripe) wire. I think thats the test. Good luck.

chunk

Thanks guys. Picked up a new ignition coil and power pack today and put them on. Darn near jumped out of my skin when it started. yee ha. Now a new floor and she'll be on the market for sale. I'd love to say I'm buying a new one but a new house is on the way. My friends got's lots of boats. good fishing.