• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MN bobcats with hounds

Please correct me if wrong, but can you hunt bobcats in MN with hounds? Also, are tags available OTC or do you need to apply? It would be nonres for me. Anyone out there do this or know someone who does? Am looking for a connection. Will probably get a tag here in WI this fall, but 3-4 years is too long to wait. Thanks.

Cat season ended Jan 8th and you can run them with hounds but the cats need to be registered with a dnr officer after wards to get the necessary tags to sell them. Minnesotas season began november 25 i believe and then ened Jan 8th so it runs for a little over a month hope that helps.

I believe you have to buy a nonres small game hunting license, and then if you get a cat, go to the dnr dept. to register the animal. you have to have the carcase with you and then they put a tag on the pelt and take the carcase. in minnesota you can take up to 5 cats by trapping or hunting. hope this helps you out, good luck. i heard of a guy few years ago getting cats with his hounds, sounds like it would be a blast.

Bobcats with hounds is indeed a blast. They have a particularly canny ability to fool hounds. Plus, its fairly rare to actually tree one. Most are shot on the ground, which adds to the difficulty and overall experience. Plus, they are a critter most people never see alive. After next year here in WI, I'm gonna certainly get serious about a MN hunt.