• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

need some advice on new boat

jimBo

Question

Witch one to buy pro and cons on the pro v
1800 vs alumacraft tour.175.Im all eyes&ears
Fill me in on what you guys think both with 90hp yammha 4 stroke.

[This message has been edited by jimBo (edited 05-26-2004).]

9 answers to this question

I'm partial to Lunds, I've owned five of them in the last 20 years. I think the Alumacraft is also a good product. I do like the in-floor rod storage on the newer Lunds.

Regardless of which one you choose, don't underpower it and I'd spend a little extra money for a good bunk trailer.

I own an Alumacraft and really like it. I'ld never knock a Lund or Crestliner. I would look at all three in the future.

Look at the lay-outs and features and price of all of them. I don't think you could go wrong with either. Probably more important is the dealer. You'll see post's of favorites here. My two cent's worth? Nelson Marine in White Bear Lake. Did right by me.

As said above -- Max out you're boat, motor-wise. 5 years from now, when that extra money is spent, you'll be glad you did.

I've got two Lunds,a PROV1800 w/90Hp Tiller and a WC14 w/15hp.

The quality of the livewells, pumps, floor, storage lockers and everything else is why I own Lunds.

I'd demo both and spend some time in each one really looking at the details of the items above and I think you'll see the subtle differences that make Lund that much nicer.

I too recommend the best trailer you can buy, especially if you're towing the boat to numerous fishing spots and the trailer will see lots of highway miles--Shorelanders are my choice here.

------------------
Chells

Most important is the dealer! I bought a Crestliner from a dealer I would never go back to. Another dealer handles the service for me, storage of my boat and I am very happy. They will get my future business!

I bought the Crestliner becuase I primarily Muskie and bass fishing and I liked to open bow as it had more room. I do like the Lunds and Alumacraft's. I almost got the Alumcraft as I liked that layout better than the Lund. Lund has great features and quality is second to none.

Try em both, see what you like. You really cannot go wrong with either.

I own a 1775 pro V but would have to say that I am very impressed with the Alumacraft's. In my opinion (even though I have never fished out of a newer Alumacraft) is that both of them are about even as far as a good built boat. It all boils down to your own personal preference on layout and possibly price.

I personally will have to say that I like the layout of the newer Alumacraft's better then the new Lunds. That's me though.

I think that is a wise outboard choice. I would also highly recommend going with a 74lb thrust 24volt Minn-Kota Vantage trolling motor on the transom is you are serious about doing any walleye fishing. Another must is an on-board charger and splashguards. Good Luck

I too went through this same process last fall. I was considering the Alumacraft TS 175 and the Lund ProV IFS.

First and foremost, either boat would have been a good choice. I went with the Alumacraft TS 175 and the Yamaha F150 for the following reasons:
1. A perceived feeling that I was getting more for my money. (ALumacraft was less costly)
2. When ordering the Alumacraft there are very limited options. Everything is standard like air ride seats, ligthed livewells and compartments, cd player, etc. I felt as if the lund you had to add everything and the price just kept going up.
3. The 2XB Hull. This hull is well built and does compare to the IPS hulls from Lund.
4. The fit and finish of the Alumacrafts have come a long way. I watched the first model of the TS 175 come out two years ago and the finish inside and components used are really nice. Specifically the livewells, aerators, perko locks, in floor rod storage, retracting cleets, etc.
5. Brand Loyalty. My fist boat was an 81 Alumacraft Backtroller. I caught a lot of fish out of that rig.
6. Nelson Marine in White Bear Lake did a very good job in taking care of my needs.

I too have Wave Wackers installed with a 74# Vantage and a custom Prestige Bunk trailer.

I dont think you will get close to $17,600 for a comparable Lund setup. Sit in both, ride if at all posiible, and determine what you want to spend. When I did that it made more sense to get into an Alumacraft then the Lund. I promise, either boat you will be happy.

[This message has been edited by vikes40for60 (edited 05-27-2004).]