• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cajun Red Line

TimC

Question

Just wondering if anybody has tried the Cajun Red line? Any thoughts? It is supposed to dissappear in clear water, so I was wondering if anybody has tried it in the BWCA.

5 answers to this question

I use Cajun Red, 20lb. on all my downrigger rods, used in Ely area lakes for trout. It is nearly invisible once you get it down a few feet. I also like it because it is very resistant to abrasion, etc. I recommend it.

Cashcrews

I've been using it on my spinning reel and haven't had the best of luck with it. Just about every 4th or 5th cast it's been tangling up on me somewhere between 10 and 40 feet from my hook. I can tell when it does it because it starts twisting up on its way through the guides and I can hear it.

I've been using 8 lb test. I haven't caught anything using it either. I can't wait to get out in a boat and trying it for verticle fishing or trolling.

I like it and have had no problems with it.
I havent noticed any difference in which line catches more fish though.
I have only one jigging rod rigged with it, so I didnt go all out with the stuff.
I havent found the memory thing to be a big deal. But like most other mono lines, this one tangles too, but I dont think you can get 100% away from that.

------------------
And keep those hooks sharp!

All line will twist if there is some external force acting upon it such as reeling against the drag (this twists the line big-time), a lure that is spinning or just the simple act of putting the line on wrong in the first place.

As for Cajun Red, I've been using it since last December, actually had some on my ice rigs. Very happy with it so far.