• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wallys and jumbos

Where is there a good lake for walleye or jumbo perch in wisconsin, within a reasonable distance of hudson? Talking maybe an hour or so drive. Maybe a little farther if there is a good all day bite. Came from madison area a few years ago and dad and i want to find some good jumbos!!

Typically a jumbo is 12" or better - Devils Lake ND. Going to be tough. They rarely exceed 12" around here. Typ. 8-9" with a million 5". You might want to research over by Menomonie. The lakes around here do not contain the right supplies of Gammarus. I have found them but they may have worms. I am not going to walk 1.5 miles for 10 again....

River newb - To be honest, its gonna be real tough to find a consistent jumbo bite anywhere in western WI - as far as I know. I'd focus on finding a good walleye lake and take any perch caught as a bonus.

As mentioned earlier, you can try Menomin or Tainter near Menomonie, both are reservoirs on the Red Cedar River. Another place I know has true jumbos is Lake Altoona near Eau Claire. Again, they are in there, but don't expect to catch many jumbos with any consistency. Wish I had better news for ya frown.gif

I was on Red Ceder lake up in Barron county. Caught jumbo perch during the day and some nice walleyes at night. Had to go to a differt spot for walleyes. It was fun long drive though.Probably a hour and half from hudson.