• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Using roll-on Herculiner inside an aluminum Lund ?

Polar Bear

Question

The paint in my 14' Lund is worn badly. I'm thinking of using the light gray Heculiner on the whole inside, except for the seats. Any comments?

Also, thinking of replacing the seat benches with a synthetic product like "Trex" decking material.

Any input will be appreciated.

Polar Bear

5 answers to this question

I just recently finished refinishing a Lund, and used high quality marine paint. It's a nice grey and coated very well. It's a gloss, which I thought I wouldn't like, but it looks awesome and functions great. It was $30 a quart from Hannays Marine and all I needed to do was a little sanding, wash the boat out, and brush it on. I only used about 1/3 of the quart on my 12 ft lund, so a quart would cover a 14 or 16 I would think.

One thing that we always do at the shop is to use a phospheric acid-etch primer prior to applying the texture coating. Mechanical adhesion is good enough 9 times out of 10. But the acid creates a chemical bond as well. Cheap insurance against crawling around with a putty knife if it ever decides to let loose.

------------------
Steve @ Bakken's Boat Shop www.bakkensboatshop.com