• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

12/28-30 Lil Arbor Vitae...Nice

Well, about time for our usual ice treep up north. Weather seemed to be great. Overcast and upper 20's to low 30's all week. Stayed at Bib's (or as I say Beebs) resort. Top Notch operation. Very nice place. Gas and lodging cost $150 per person for 3 days. Everyone bought/brought a little food and bait. Very reasonable treep. Cabin was 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, deck, bbq, and fireplace.

Bob, Jim and myself made the treep. Jeegging and teep up feeshing were the methods. Feesh Lil Arbor Vitae primarily. A couple of key spots, and 10-20 FOW break off a rock pile was our go to spot. We made the hoof to the narrows and feeshed an afternoon there.

Lots of feesh. Lots of small perch, with some keepers. Lots of small walleyes, with some keepers. A few pike too. We all got feesh after the treep.

Anything with a spike was working on the perch. Hook, spleet shot and bobber in the shanty the way to go for the walleyes. Peemple and meno head worked for me too.

A couple of highlights:

1.) Subway in St. Germain was top notch. Best (Contact US Regarding This Word) foot long BMT EVER!2.) Chatterhouse pancakes and hash were very tasty.

3.) Bought this ham jerky from Quick Treep. Nasty.

4.) Rays landing in St. Germain the place for bait. Filled out a few raffle teeckets, got a hat and he gave me a hat for my 5yo. Plus not much counting, if you know what I mean.

5.) Rollie and Helens musky stop was a nice stop. Got my manta. No weagles. Got a nice plastic 9 inch perch bait (no hooks) for the 5yo. He loved it.

6.) Chili,pierogies and coffee were TAS-TEE on the ice.

7.) Gotta work on a sled. That hump to the narrows was weecked.

Never feeshed it in the summer. I am primarily a reever man, and spend most of the spreeng and fall jeegging the beeg reevers, like Mississippi, Illinois and sometimes the wisconsin. Summer, I kinda hiberate since its too hot for my thin Polish blood.

With that being said, I hear its a great bite in the spreeng and early summer. Lil Arb is supposed to be a heckuva musky lake, more towards numbers than size. Lots of musky though.

I would check it out. But that means dealing with my wife. And I make it a point to never deal with my wife.

This is a yearly ice feeshing treep.

Tightlines.