• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Still looking for an antenna

Scoot

Question

I still can't find an antenna in the price range I'm looking for. Anyone got a line on a nice 8 footer that's $60 or less? The Shakespeare 5225XT was recommended to me, but I can't find it for less than about $90.

------------------
Scoot

RodsbyEngel: custom made fishing rods

3 answers to this question

Scheels has a Raymarine m51-118 (156-163 MHz)for $35. Good idea? Bad idea? I like the price, but don't want to buy it if it's dump. Anybody got any bright ideas for me? I could pick up the Shakespear at Cabellas with no problem, but it's over $100 there and I'm not excited about spending that kind of money on it.

------------------
Scoot

RodsbyEngel: custom made fishing rods

Scoot, that sounds like it will do the job. Heck, I bought an old 8' glass antenna for $5 at a garage sale and it works great. I even broke it in half on a cold day, repaired it, no difference in signal. smile.gif

All I know is if you want a quality reception, don't skimp on the size. 8' fiberglass is all I would use. I have no idea about the differences in these antennas and why some are so expensive??