• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

North Dakota Get Together????

Just wondering if some of you Eastern NDak(Fargo, Valley City) boys would be interested in get together sometime this hardwater season? I haven't ice fished anything in ND yet but seems like there are some good lakes to try.

Anyone have any thoughts on a lake or time to get out?

Sounds like a good idea to me...

A coupe to toss out there... Jamestown, Ashtabula (although I haven't fished this much), I know there was a get together a couple of years ago on the Red with Backwater Eddy and Scoot...

Any other places come to mind?

marine_man

Good news/Bad news for me ont this one- First, this would be a lot of fun. However, I'm screwed for the next four weekends. I've got family things, friends coming from out of state, a wife working one of the weekends, etc. (Contact US Regarding This Word), I hate being a grown up!!! If something gets put together, I'd try sneak in on it, but I definitely don't have the time to organize anything. However, don't let me rain on the parade here- put something together and have a blast. These get togethers are always fun- lots of people who love fishing who know lots of good info.

Well I would we willing to organize (along with Marine_Man's assistance) some kind of event like this but I would need to know how much interest there would be in something like this. If it is only going to be a couple people it probably isn't going to really be worth it. I would say if we could a half dozen guys or so together it would be worth a shot. My lake of choice would be Jamestown because it is a lake I know pretty well. Of course Ashtabula (also this might be a little better location for people traveling) is just north of town for me and I have never really spent anytime there so this would be a good oportunity. I will have my house on wheels on Jamestown by the end of next week so we could use that as a Head Quarters. Devils Lake is always fun but that is a pretty good journey from Fargo. Anyone that is seriously interested please contact me at [email protected]. I think to push something through by the weekend of the 7th would be pushing it a little but that doesn't me it isn't impossible. I will do some checking and everyone let me know who all is interested and what lakes you are interested in and we will see if we can make if fly or not.

The 7th won't work for me. Maybe something later in January or a late ice get together wouldn't be bad either.

It would be great if IFFWALLEYES would head this up. I think you maybe know more people than I do around the area.

Lakes, I am open to any of them. Devil's would be a bit of a drive for some people but maybe it would be worth it?

At this time my plan is to fish Devils Lake during the weekend of 1/14-15 during the big iceteam tournament and see how the big boys do it. I took the 18th-30th off from work to fish, and on the 21st I'm going to Gull Lake for the Brainard Jaycees North Americas largest ice fishing event. The 28th there is more big events. One at Devils lake and one at Alexandria. I'm not sure which one of those I'm going to hit. I've never fished these biggies before so this year I'll know if I ever will again. Quite different for a guy who never follows the crowd!

Any body else hitting these?

Well right now I think that the 7th probably won't work for me either. So it would probably be later. Feb is pretty much completly out for me. So personally I am looking at the weekend of the 21 and 22. One of those days so now that I have narrowed lets just plan on doing it that weekend one of those days. Then the next question is what lake to do it on. As I said earlier Jamestown Res. is my choice for where to do it. So anyone interested has got to email me so I can get some contact info to keep you in the loop. [email protected]

It had around 13" the thurs before christmas but I have been on vaction in MN since Christmas. I plan to get out this Weds and then hopefully there is enough ice to drive my pickup out to get my perm shack out before the weekend. There wasn't hardly any snow on it right before christmas so the ice making was going good.

I think that I am lean towards doing it on the 22nd. It sounds like that might be the better day. I am tied up every weekend just about in Feb so that doesn't work for me. I have several fishing trips planned out of state durning the month and other personal stuff on the other weekends. If you guys want to do it in Feb that is fine but I won't be able to do any of the organizing of things. It is near to impossible to not conflict with some tournment this time of year. There is a tournment every weekend so we have to try and work around them as well. I don't see a good way to do it without conflicting with one of the other tournments or organized events.

One other thing I want to mention is that I would not plan on starting the event till noon or later. Jamestown is a evening lake. Usually you best bite will be from around 4:30-6:00pm. That doesn't mean you can't catch fish during the day it is just much slower. But once the sun starts to go down the switch gets flipped and they go to town. So I would say we should plan on staying out till at least 6:30pm.

It is on guys here is the info. Hopefully many of you are able to make. Those that can bring a friend let try to get as many together as possible.

When: Sunday January 22 at 12:00pm.

Where: Jamestown Reservoir north of Jamestown ND

This is a event to try and get some of the North Dakota members of FM together for a fun afternoon/evening on the Reservoir. We will be using my permanent fishhouse as a meeting spot/cook shack. Exact directions on where to met will be posted later as my fish house tends to be moved often. All member are encouraged to attend. I realize this is the same weekend of the Winni Event so hopefully that doesn't conflict with to many people. We will be starting around 12:00pm and fishing till dark. Typically the best bite is from 4:30pm-6:00pm.

I'll do my best to weasel into this event, but I'm pretty unlikely. Sounds like it'll be a lot of fun. A couple beers (no more though- long drive back to Fargo), some brats, etc. What more could we need?

Assuming I don't make it, I hope the fish cooperate and all have a great time. I encourage any and all to make it if they can. For those driving from Fargo, these deals are a lot of fun and it's well worth the drive.

Good luck and have fun!

Great I not sure exactly when I will be there or where. I am sure it will be before noon though. I am in the search mode for fish right now. They aren't where they are usually at. I did find some tonight but there was no size to them tomorrow I am going to another area to try and hopefully I can run on to them there. By Fri I will have a map posted and directions to my fish house. I will have my two way radios along to be contacted on channel 7-11. I will also have a phone number that you can try reaching me on. Cell phones don't work the best out there on the res. Otherwise it shouldn't be that hard to find me out there. I have a Grey Chevy with FM and IFFWALLEYE decals on the back window so you can look for that. My fishhouse is a 6.5X12 on wheels. It is brown with a tan roof and my name is on the back. I really hope you guys can try to make this. They can be alot of fun if people show up. If anyone else has any other questions about anything get ahold of me with my email at the bottom of my post.

Depending on how much snow is on the lake I'll either show up in a Maroon Suzuki Vitara SUV or a dark blue Ram 2500 diesel and a yellow Bombardier Outlander 4 wheeler. My son owns the Buffalo Bar & lanes in Jamestown and is a summer tounament fisherman. I'll have him put out feelers for info on a good bite too.