• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Glow paint?

Scoot

Question

I'd like to add a little glow paint to a few lures. Is there one type of paint that really out-glows the rest? I've used nail polish to paint many lures in the past, will glow nail polish work as well as any of the paints I can buy?

------------------
Scoot

RodsbyEngel: custom made fishing rods

4 answers to this question

Scoot I'm not familiar with glow finger nail polish but if it glows good on nails I don't see why it wouldn't work on a jig. If you do a search you should be able to find a few brands of glow paint.
For best results use a coat of white as a base coat.

Thanks Valv. I'll look into that.

Sounds like you met my buddy Steve last weekend, he bought an older small outboard motor from you. For the record, he said you were a good dude and had fun talking to you. Thanks for taking good care of him.

------------------
Scoot

RodsbyEngel: custom made fishing rods

Scoot, look on BassProShops catalog.

Last year I bought a small jar of vinyl glow paint for jigs, it cost more shipping than the paint, but it worked great.
You can get more brightness by lighting a LED ligth before using lure, it makes it glow a lot.
I used it on jigs, rapalas, etc, and I was very happy with it.

I had to dilute it for Rapalas, since it's very thick.

------------------
Val Vignati

www.kvesurplus.com
[email protected]