• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bottom line depth finders

Fish On

Question

has anyone used any of the new line bottom line depth finders like the tournament 320max or 480max they look awesome for the price??

[This message has been edited by Fish On (edited 05-10-2004).]

9 answers to this question

I have just purchased the 320max, have not been out on the water yet to do any testing. I posted the same question back a few days ago and only had one response, and that was asking if I had looked at the Eagle 320?? I did look at the Eagle but I felt for the same money you got more with with Bottomline unit, more power, larger screen etc. Just my thoughts.

Jay R

Bottomline sonars are junk, they work good when they work, I call them Fisherprice locators, they are not built to last. I had 2 a few years back and both went to hell. Go with a lowrance or Eagle, The x125 is one great unit for $300. AJ

I had a 480 and returned it after five weeks because the engineering on the power cord is so flimsy with just six little prongs.

The graph is very good, but worthless without power. It is not a unit that will last so I returned it while it was still new and under warranty.

I got the Lowrance X125 and it has already helped me put fish in the boat. I should have upgraded a long time ago.

This graph is very similar to the 480 but the power connection is much more secure with it's "lock n collar" style on the two power cords.

I also looked at the Garmin 250, but couldn't find a Johnny Ray mount for it b/c the unit's base is in the shape of a hockey puck.

DB

Bottomline has treated me very well. I have a tournament410 model and have had it for about 12 years now.
About 6 years ago the speed indicator went out on it and I was going to buy just a new transducer but I contacted Bottomline and they told me to send the whole unit in and they would look it over. So I sent it in with $70.00 for the new transducer and they updated the unit and even added a flasher to it which it did not have before and some other little adjustments. So the $400.00 I spent 12 years is still worth the investment.

Jar Jar

Sorry for any confusion: the unit I returned was the Eagle 480.

Don't know about the BottomLines other than a friend of mine who had one and it rarely worked right.

Within the industry they are said to be called "bottom of the line". That's just their $.02.