• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mapmaking: Linking Sonar to GPS to Laptop

BradB

Question

Has anybody tried this on their own? I had the bright idea of making my own accurate maps on the smaller lakes I fish by running these three together. I'd do 10' transects across the lake, harvest the data, and massage it into a map. It doesn't seem like it would be technologically impossible.

The problem I have is that my sonar (Vexilar Edge) doesn't have a data out port. Are there other graphs that do have data out, and software that can accept this data? I would assume you could just dump the raw data into Excel and then work it from there, but before I try to reinvent the wheel I thought I'd see if anyone else has tried it.

I have no trouble going GPS to laptop, but I think where the trouble is going to be is getting the data out of the sonar and then merging the two.

Brad

[This message has been edited by BradB (edited 05-10-2004).]

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet