• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ram Trolling Motor Stabilizer

Lip RIPPER!

Question

I have Minn Kota 65 AP with a 60 inch shaft and want to install a stabilizer on my Alumacraft. My question is, does the shaft just rest on the top of the stabilizer or do you use the clamps provided to fasten it to that? If A person fastens the clamp to the the shaft and stabilizer it would be in the way when lowering my motor all the way into the water. Also, how close to the motor head should it be installed?

3 answers to this question

on my trolling motor,
(same as yours) i attached the ball onto the trolling motor shaft as far up towards the top as i could. I aligned everything before tightening anything or drilling holkes in the boat. It doesnt interfere with the motor operation at all. just make sure that the clamp that is already on the trolling motor shaft is below the clamp with the ram ball.