• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

M-y Wedge

cartfan

Question

5 answers to this question

cart fan. some thing to think about. the guy gave me one for the boat i bought. when i asked about a motor totor( transome saver) he told me that all it was intended to do was to keep the motor up so if the hyds. failed it wouldn't get damaged by dragging. but after talking to several people including some of the guys here. it does keep your motor up, but does nothing for your transome. i bought a transome saver as i plan on keeping this boat for a long time.with the boat strapped down,along with the brace on the outboard,hoping to protect both. my $.02 del

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking of the m-y wedge because my salesman said I didn't need a transom saver but I thought it would be nice to have something that supported the hydrolics. I'm not sure what to think of it though, the HSOforum says it replaces transom savers, but most people think it just helps the hydrolics. When trailing without a saver, do you have the motor resting above the rods or do you lower it and engage the hydrolics.