• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat Cover for Alumacraft Lunker

schr0563

Question

I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a good travel cover for a tiller Alumacraft Lunker. I planned on getting a custom cover made for it, but have recently been considering finding a cheaper alternative. Are any models available at stores like Gander Mountain, Fleet Farm, or Menards worth looking into? Thanks in advance for any help.

4 answers to this question

If you want a storage cover .. *better* over the counter covers usually do a fair job...

If you want a travel cover .. dont skimp, pay the extra cash and have one made if you want it to last for any period of time.

I have a Lunker and did not to get the custom made $400 cover. I purchased a stearns cheap one from fleet farm. Only use it for storing the boat at home. I never trailer with the cover on cause it would end up like a ripped flag. Works excellent for keeping the rain and other elements out of the boat when it sits in the driveway. If you have the money and like to cover your boat when trailering it then definetly look into a custom cover. They are nice but rather then spend $400 on a cover I chose new electronics and trolling motors and stuff like that.
AM

I have the same boat, Counsel steer. I am also looking for a cover that will travel. A friend of mine got a cover last year from Canvas Craft in Ramsey (off hwy10) and is 100% satisfied with it. He has a boat that is similar to ours and spent about $500.00 on it. The nice thing is that they custom make the cover to you boat. You have to bring it in and leave it for a couple days while they make it. I saw the cover and am pretty impressed with it. I called them and they said they are about 2 weeks behind at this point. I just think that if you are going to get a cover the best way is to do it right the first time. I have had other cheaper covers and they are absolute dump. They dont last and rip right away when trailering.

Where did you see the custom cover for $400.00? I would be interested in looking into that.

Matt