• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

a blue leak--oil?

ssaamm

Question

Happy spring everyone. Had my boat out on this year's maiden voyage today. I have 2003 90 yamaha 4 stroke on a 1750 fish hawk. I had it serviced/winterized last fall at the local dealer where I bought the boat. It started right away. I was pretty impressed, but when I trimmed the motor all the way up I noticed a bluish oily substance leaking out from under the engine cover. I am not very mechanical. Is this simply a little meaningless overflow or should I be concerned? This has never happend before, and I've had the boat since last August. If anyone has any ideas like--1)whipe it off and see if it happens again or 2)take it in to the shop-- let me know. I'd appreciate it. Thanks

3 answers to this question

thank you for the reply. I believe it is from the motor casing. I noticed it when I trimmed the motor all the way up. A small amount ran into the drainage area by the transom. Hope this helps. I asked the dealer, and he wasn't very concerned unless it is a common happening. I still would appreciate any thoughts. Just looking for piece of mind. Thanks