• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Waxing boat

rmh2o

Question

15 answers to this question

For two seasons I have used Star brite Premium Marine polish with teflon on my painted aluminum boat. Got it at Mills Fleet Farm. UV inhibitors, retards marine growth,
and so on. starbrite . com
so far so good.
Don

Who sells the Maguires and how much does it cost?I will also check out the starbrite I think wallyworld should sell it as I buy their hull cleaner there and it works well.Thanks guys

To make the job real easy, just take your palm sander and install a piece of an old towel instead of sandpaper. Dampen the piece of old towel slightly, apply some wax, and you are ready to rock! Makes the job go very fast and easy. Works great on your car or truck too. The whole job should only take you 20-30 minutes!

------------------
YOU CAN'T talk AN OLD talk'ER!

Picked up a can of Maguires wax at Wallyworld.They didnt have the Starbrite stuff so Ill give this a try.Going by the price I can see why they call it gold!I have an electric buffer so that should help.Thanks

Has any one used that new turtle wax Ultra Gloss. I have heard a lot of good things, but I haven't had the chance to try it yet just wondering if anyone else has.

I just did my boat with the Maguires and it worked very well.I used the paste kind.For the hard to get to places on the bottom I used some Wizards mist and shine

A few years ago on Mille Lacs when the walleyes were jumping in the boat on opener, I couldn't buy a walleye as boats all around me were hauling them in left and right.
All of us in the boat got skunked and couldn't figure out why. So the only thing I could figure was the fact I waxed my boat with car wash that has the wax/polish in the soap.
Does anybody have an opinion about the wax having a negative impact to our fishing?

Don't know if wax can affect your fishing, but stray voltage from an unproperly grounded electrical system is rumored to shut the fish off.
I have also heard that you are not suppose to wax the bottom of your boat because it will reduce your top end speed.

Regards,

Scott