• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

milky electrolyte

JEFFO

Question

i was having some problems with my batteries holding a charge. when i went to check the water level, in the dual purpose starting/battery two of the cells had milky water. i'm guessing this is not good, but how does it happen and do i have to buy a new battery ? Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Sounds like you've got oxidation in a couple cells. Will the battery hold a charge? You can take the battery to Fleet, where they sell gas, and they'll check it for you. They can tell if the cells are bad.

thanks ron! it will hold a charge but not all the time. i have been having problems with this battery but didn't find this problem until yesterday.

Hey Ron the old beater is still running like a top well maybe an older top.All it needed was a set of rear brakes and she was good to go.Thanks
Sorry about getting off the subject