• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance X65 Questions...

dfv87

Question

I just bought a used boat and it has a x65 Lowrance Depth finder on it. It has settings for speed and temp, but I don't think I have the right transducer.
1. Do I need a separate ducer?
2. Where can I find one?
3. Are they worth the time and money?

Thanks.

8 answers to this question

I have a X-85(same family as your 65) that has seperate sensors for speed and temp, as well as transducer. Just had to replace my 'ducer, the bracket broke, and the cable broke. So if anyone has a camera, its out in the middle of Big Lake!

If you go to Actions Electronics in Anoka, Jack can set you up with the correct 'ducer(or tell you if you have the right one). A new one was $49.99 + tax. For me it was worth it, the X-85 while getting old, is a pretty good unit.

If you don't have a GPS, then I would say get the speed/temp sensor. It is a seperate unit that utilizes a paddle wheel for speed sensing. It is not as acurate as a GPS but it does give you a benchmark to allow you to vary your speed for trolling applications, and the temperature function is nice.

Regards,

Scott Lee

N-BLM Jack was the man! set me up right away and it didn't cost me a thing, turns out my locator wasn't progrmmed to use the speed and Temp features. A few touches and I am set. Thanks again! This is why FM is the best.

Thanks scales, I do have one. Probably should have read it before posting, but who reads directions first any way!

[This message has been edited by dfv87 (edited 04-29-2004).]