• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

RAM or Similar mount for FL8

moby1

Question

Can anyone tell me where to find a ram or similar movable multi-position mount for a Vexilar? I know they are out there. I have seen one in a boat but havent been able to find one in any catalog or at Gander or fleet farm. Any specifics would be great if anyone knows part #'s.
GOOD LUCK

3 answers to this question

I found what I was looking for at Gander Mountain in St. Cloud. Picked up the Ram Universal mount and purchased the vexilar gimble bracket at the same time. The FL-18 and 74 LB Minnkota AP/Universal Sonar are going to be a good tag team this spring/summer and fall then the FL-18 goes back to ice fishing.

I can't speak for rod holders but for locators/gps and other marine electronics Ram mounds are the way to go!

Good luck shopping.

SUNNYD

"Best thing about opener is the anticipation; one minute after opener begins its all about the fishing!"

I use the Vexilar ProMount Quick Release for my FL-18 on the bow of my boat. It is very nice.

For years anglers have been demanding a strong, low profile, quick release bracket for holding their fishing electronics. Designed to handle today's most popular sonar units, GPS or portable radios. The ProMount Quick Release Bracket makes it possible to easily remove your electronics weighing up to three pounds from a permanently mounted base with one hand. The 360-degree swivel adjustment lets you see the unit from any angle.

The Pro Mount will fit nearly all Lowrance, Garmin, Eagle, Hummingbird, Pin-Point and Vexilar electronics. The permanent base is available separately too, which makes it easy to place several bases around the boat or even in another boat. Several systems have been mounted in trucks to hold GPS units with great success. The ProMount sells for much less than current brackets, but with more features and versatility.

The sleek, low profile of the ProMount is only 1 1/8 inches high. The permanent base has no sharp edges to step-on or wear a hole in your boat cover. An optional installation hole cover spacer comes with every base to give you a well finished look to the mount when installed. Your electronics can also be mounted overhead and hang down on the secure locking rail system of the ProMount to increase the potential places you can mount electronics.

The ProMount Quick Release Bracket comes with all stainless steel mounting hardware and the bracket is corrosion resistant. The ProMount is self-draining and easy to clean, so it even looks good when the electronics are not in your boat.

Check out the Vexilar HSOforum for photos and you will see what I am talking about.

[This message has been edited by vikes40for60 (edited 04-28-2004).]