• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trailer Lights

wdgold

Question

I have a 91'karavan painted boat trailer. My biggest problem with the lights is when the lights are on and the brakes are applied the lights go completely off, but when I bump the bracket the tail light is hooked to, it will come on. Now my trailer is starting to rust all over and was wandering if that has anything to do with it. I rewired the trailer and it seems to still do it. When painted trailers start to rust can that in itself cause problems? Thank you for any info that you can give me.

2 answers to this question

The mounting bolts to your light assemble supply ground from your trailer. Clean that area down to bare metal and remount the lights. Also from your plug theres a white wire that is connected to your trailer frame, make sure that is still connected.