• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Amsoil 2 Cycle Oil Recomendations

trollingforeyes

Question

Amsoil has come out with 4 different 2-Cycle oils that have been optimized for specific applications. I will try to simplify the selection process here from the Amsoil guide.The rating of excellent is the primary recommendation for that oil.The oil is specifically designed for the operating conditions and superior performance of these motors.Such as the power valves in some of todays snomobiles. The rating of very good identifies an oil that is very good for the operating conditions of these oils.
HP INJECTOR OIL (HPI) Excellent for outboards (injection or 50:1 premix)and very good for sno-mobiles,motorcycles,ATV, and personal watercraft.
Intercepter Oil (AIT) Excellent for sno-mobiles,motorcycles,ATV, and personal watercraft.
Domininator (TDR) For racing purposes in outboards,personal watercraft motorcycles and atvs. Extended wide open, pedal to the metal use. Not recomended for long term use in outboard motors as a TC-W3. (My gut feeling only is that it may not offer long term corrosion protection. Again this is my personal interpetion only, Not that of Amsoil.)
Saber Professional 100:1 (ATP) Excellent for chain saws,chop saws, weed eaters, blowers and lawn mowers. Very good in pre-mix only for snomobiles,motorcycles and personal watercraft.
Saber Outboard 100:1 (ATO) Excellent as premix only in outboards and and very good as pre-mix in snomobiles, motorcycles, atv, and personal watercraft.
There it is in a nutshell. If there are any questions I will try to answer them as accurately and timely as possible.

[This message has been edited by trollingforeyes (edited 04-17-2004).]

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet