• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishtrap and Otter storage---ropes and pulleys?

HOGEYE

Question

I have an Otter Lodge and a Fishtrap 2 that I would love to get out of the way in the garage. I was thinking of using ropes and pully connected to a platform to raise them up out of the way. Has anyone done this? I am not sure how to rig this up?

3 answers to this question

I have the big otter. The otter resort and thats how I did it this year, for the first time. I used four pulleys one in each corner and pulled rope through and lifted one end at a time till it was close to the rafters in the garage as possable. It work very good. Good Luck. It might help also to put molth balls in the sled.

I have an Otter Lodge and a Fishtrap 2 that I would love to get out of the way in the garage. I was thinking of using ropes and pully connected to a platform to raise them up out of the way. Has anyone done this? I am not sure how to rig this up?

My father did this ten years ago with a fold up style, similar to a clam, wasnt a couple hours later that we heard a bang went out to the garage and saw it sitting neatly on the windshield of the van, but maybe it was operator error! So what we did was build a shelf about two feet off the ceilnig mounted it to the studs and beams with thick chain, now all we have to do is push it up on top, works really slick, plus you can use it in the winter to keep your stuff up too. Plus you can make a fold up rod holder underneath the wood to store either summer of winter rods, and a shelf for our vexilars. Hope it helps, if you need a better description. drop a line
Best Fishes
Chris