• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

So what's on your wall?

Bobby Bass

20.5# pike, full mount in a case

5# LM bass

Rainbow and brown trout (3)

1#+ Sunfish (friends fish)

Drake Can

Drake Woodie

Drake Widgeon

Drake Pintail

Drake GW teal (2)

Drake Gadwall

Ringnecks (3)

Pair of Redheads

Pair of Mallards

Honker

10 pt Whitetails (3)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 inch northern

6 1/2# LM Bass

Both mounts are from 10+ years ago, now I've started a picture collection in a frame of all good C&R fish photos. It's a pretty cool way to look back on the year! New year, new frame...gotta fill 'er up!

No mounts. I have several wildlife prints as well as some decorative decoys but just have never gotten into the mounts. Had some that would have been nice to mount but either released them or ate them. They are:

10lb 8oz Wisconsin Devils's Lake Walleye

43" Wisconsin Devil's Lake Northern

5lb plus Mississippi Largemouth

2lb Mississippi Crappie

Cinaminon Teal - not native to Central Flyway

Buffle Head

Golden Eye

Numerous other ducks

The only things I ever had mounted was both my Son's and my Daughter's first pheasants. Taken one year apart on the same day, with the same gun, out of the same patch of cover.

Daughter got her's first year and Son got his the second.

I have a little collection started.

When I was 12 I caught a 27" and a 30" Walleye in Onterio. They are both on the wall at my parents house.

Some others are;

Drake Gadwall from Arkansas

Blackduck from Minnesota

Drake mallard from North Dakota

8 point 124 7/8 inch whitetail from Iowa

4x5 Mule deer from Wyoming

I have been tempted to mount a Snow, Blue, and a Specklebelly. I just seem to run out of money by the end of the season.

I want to get a nice Pintail for the wall. I think they are awsome birds. I just have not had the chance to get a really mature one yet.

I recently built a house and put a 4 season area on just so I could decorate. Knotty pine walls, handmade window and door trim from 100 year old pine gotten in a barter deal. I have 2 bucks, an 8 and a nontypical 8 that would have been a ten if he hadn't been so willing to fight. I have a beautiful doe mounted as well. I looked at the hunting album one day and realized that I hadn't payed homage to the does that where shot over the years so I had one mounted as pennance. I have a replica 9-5 walleye, took thirty years of fishing before I caught my first over 8lbs. I have 2 other walleyes that tape 30 1/2 and 30 3/4 mounted, a 16 1/4 crappie. The other things in the room are old tackle, rods, old fish cleaning utinsels and a few pictures of the big ones that eventually got away after a quick snap shot. It is funny but as you get one fish or animal mounted your standards go up. Thirty years was a long wait for that first fish and though it isn't the biggest that I have it is one of the most cherished!

Tunrevir~

Tom who does your mounting for you?

so far on my walls hang

2, 4lb. largemouth bass,

1, 8lb. Walleye

1, 3lb.7oz white bass

drake wood duck

roster Pheasant

waitng for my first buck to be finished.

10point 150 class. 32 years of no bucks only does

and button bucks.

This is cool...

I have a 165" 13 point buck from '03.

Also a small 8 pointer, my first buck ever, shot with my grandpa and still one of my very favorite animals taken for that reason.

A nice rooster

A nice northern Greenhead

I haven't caught anything I'd really considered worth mounting yet. Someday I will, but until then I throw everything on the Big Board. Which has become two full big boards, I don't know if I want to start a new one yet, or just replace certain pictures.

BigBoard.jpg

I keep photos as well like Duffman, but mine are all kept in a photo album. My camera is always with me when I'm out fishing. I not only take pics of the trophies, but anything else that captures my eye. Its kinda fun to go back in the album to a few years back and look at the past catches and expiriences.

I have a 38", 17# northern, I caught on red Lake fishing for crappies. The biggest fish I have landed. Son had to take a pole out of my eskimo fish house to get it started up the hole. We did not have a gaff, but then who takes a gaff crappie fishing. grin.gif

I've got a replica of a 10 pound brown trout I caught a few years back, There's also a 29 pound king I caught down on the Root river that's waiting for paint. Plus I have a drake widgeon on drift wood. But My favorite is the 5.5 pound walleye my oldest son caught on a tipup when he was 8 years old smile.gif.

Duff I love the boards they look great.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I got sick of looking through my shoebox of photos, so I sort of stole the idea from Bushwacs cabin. I see that a lot of folks here tend to mount something that isn't necessarily huge, but a special memory to preserve. And that's all I'm really doing, keeping those memories fresh. Plus, when I see those fish every day, it just gives me the urge or that little push I need to get out and get some more fishing in. My wife calls me a Fishing Geek smile.gif I suppose if I'm gonna be a geek, it might as well be a fishing one. grin.gif

Duffman I had the same thing going on that I called the "Wall of Shame". Corny I know but the same type deal as you but not as nice. Mine was a cork board.

Since have quit taking many pics but every once in a while find a old photo or take a new one and just put them on my locker at work. More people see it there anyways.

Great board, did you make it yourself?

Northlander...

That's all those are, cork boards and clear plastic thumbtacks. I usually added 6-10 photos a year, just filled the second one up a couple weeks ago. I've got 3'x5' corkboard down the wall that contains photos of hunting, camping, and fishing trips. A lot of good times on that board. Not to mention plenty of pics of my 80's hairstyle, good yuks. grin.gif

I have a good friend who lives in Webster, SD. He has mounted all of my birds. The fish have been mounted here and there from a couple of people. One from Anoka, one from Ham Lake, one from Elk River. It's been 7 years since I mounted my last fish... I don't even remember who did them??? Sorry.