• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Bobby Bass

So what's on your wall?

So what's on your wall? mounts that is.. I have a 10-3 Walleye and a 5-4 largemouth bass. Both have been there for a long time. My rule of thumb is I have to beat them by a pound and a ounce before I will mount another. Looking for a big northern but even though I have been fishing a little harder for them I don't think I am going to find one unless I take a trip..I do find myself capturing more fish on digital as it is so easy to do.. I wish I had a camera on board to capture a lot of sights that I have seen. Now I always have a camera with me. Better having pictures of the outdoors then the in-laws hanging around the den grin.gif

40" 20lb Northern Pike

-caught walleye fishing on Lake of the Woods on 16 mile reef with rod & reel through the ice. (Biggest fish I'd ever caught at that point in my life)

14 3/4" Crappie from Upper Red

-I fish that lake a lot and that is still my biggest slab. I haven't got one of those true, honest 15 inchers yet. My time will come I hope

Hope you don't mind mounts other than fish. grin.gif

-Drake Gadwall duck

-Drake Bufflehead duck

-Ruffed Grouse

-Turkey fan, beard, and spurs

My younger brother is the duck guru with a drake green-wing teal (awesome mount!!), pair of awesome wood ducks, and a pair of drake goldeneyes shot last year!

The big buck is eluding me. I've come close to that 10lb walleye mark as well. I'm not a super avid walleye angler so I'm pretty content with an 8+ pounder so far. I'll get a 10+ sooner or later.

Paint mostly, dad has an 8lb 4 ounce walleye, also he has to pheasants mounted, one is half albino, and the other one is believe it or not half male half female, it looks like a hen but has some red feathers and also has long tail feathers, he took it to the DNR when he shot it and had them look at it and thats what they told him. I've come close with a few fish, 13 and half lb northern and a few 26'' eyes.

I have a 7 lb. Eye, but the wife has 2 Eyes that are 11 lbs, plus. I get rubbed about that all the time. I took the soninlaw fishing, and he gets an 8 lb. Largemouth. I havn't even gotton one bigger than a perch. Guess they will be running the boat so I can fish for me. CAJ

A replica of a Pacific Sailfish I caught in 180' of water on light tackle off Miami in March; it picked up a threadfin herring I had at the bottom, where I was looking for amberjack. Just over 7'.

Now...what I really want is a replica of a 6 pound Minnesota-caught LMB. That would be cool!

10lb 9 oz walleye

50.5 x 26.5 muskie (reproduction)

14.5 inch crappie

Two 13+ inch perch

9 pt. 141 inch whitetail

3 Buffleheads (two drake and a hen)

1 drake Canvasback

1 banded drake Mallard

1 drake Woodduck

1 drake Hooded Merganser

2 Pheasants

I only have one fish mounted, a 10lb walleye from Devil's Lake, ND on an ice fishing trip. She swallowed the hook pretty bad, so I didn't feel like releasing it. Here's a pic.

WMount.jpg

I've caught larger, but they went swimming and I mounted the pics on the refridgerator instead. wink.gif

Some ducks also. Hooded drake merganser, flying bluebill (working on a flock pose with others on the way), flying banded drake mallard, banded wood duck and Bufflehead.

Luckily my wife enjoys these mounts or I'd be in trouble. smirk.gif

I’m in the same boat as hanson at least with the dump, 14 3/4" Crappie from Upper Red.

It was caught on my very first trip, and it was well worth it

resizedcroppiemount1op.jpg

i have one crappie that taped out just over 15 1/2" and weighed 2lb 8oz. still waiting for the 10lb+ walleye.

28in (mille lacs) walleye caught when I was 15.

30.5 in walleye Independence winter walleye.

29 in walleye(swallowed hook)Grandpa put this one on his wall, also a Indy fish caught in early june.

For me to put another walleye on the wall it will have to be 13-14 lbs. When I catch her she still probably will swim.

Still waiting on the 18in crappie, Ive came close. Seen a couple get caught its just a matter of time. Hopefully this winter.

Birds

Ruffed Grouse

Drake Canvasback

Drake Ringbill

Cool post--here's my list...

My first over 4 lb LM Bass at 4lbs 10oz

First over 5 lb LM Bass at 5lbs 8oz

3 LM Bass caught on the same day over 6 lbs 6.1 / 6.6 / 6.9

A replica of my 8lb 3oz LM Bass

All of the Bass were Minnesota fish

Too many whitetail Racks to remember ( mostly in a box in the garage), but three of them hang on the wall including my 170 P&Y.

Drake and Hen Mallard pair in flight

Drake American Wigeon

Drake Gadwall

Drake Green Wing Teal

Drake Lesser Scaup (Bluebill)

Drake Greater Scaup (Bluebill)

Drake Bufflehead

Drake Redhead

Drake Pintail

Drake Hooded Merganser

17lb Canada Goose

Snow Goose (white phase)

Snow Goose (blue phase)

and at the taxidermist now:

Drake Canvasback

another Drake Pintail (for flight mount)

2 Drake Wood ducks

and a Cackler Goose (smaller than a mallard)

In order of how I got them.

First Bear rug. Rifle

Woodduck

38 inch Northern caught ice fishing on local lake

First 8 pointer

32 inch walleye

Second bear head mount. Pistol

First Turkey fan and beard

2 European bear skull mounts

Always lookin to add more, but so far...

47" Northern (replica) caught in Canada.

4 Europoean deer mounts, all 10 pointers.

The garage has numerous antlers and a few turkey fans/beards.

Would like to add a smallie and maybe a muskie replica. For sure another few deer.

Nothing yet, but have pics of my 22 inch largemouth bass that went over 7 pounds. Might get a repo one day. I believe the walleye and muskie repos look the best, so I'm kinda in the hunt for one of those.

Lets see....

8, 10 & 12 point

8.8lb. Walleye

15 1/2" White Crappie

15" Black Crappie

Drake Buffle Head

Turkey fan & beard

Still room for more when they come!

All I have is my LM bass, that went 6 lbs 8 oz. Like most of you, Id like to mount a nice crappie, 3lbs+. My dad had quite a few: 6x6 elk that scored 298 P&Y, Bighorn Sheep, numerous whitetail bucks. My uncle has a 350+ P&Y bull elk at his house. Niceeeee lookin bull. And my younger brother is soon to have his 6 lb smallie on the wall.

I have a 12" Bluegill that I am waiting to get from the Taxidermist yet.

My general rule of thumb is, 30" eye, 40" pike, 50" muskie, 12" sunfish, 15" crappie, and 22" Smallie, 25" LM.

I have gotten a 29.5" eye that I released, just a 1/2" short for the wall! DANG!

And I have came close on the pike, smallie and crappie too.. only off by a inch on each of those.

Just waiting for the monster fish!

I have a nice 10 point buck that my great grandpa shot in 1926 and is in perfectly good condition. It looks new.

from this past winter, i just got back by 15" red lake crappie. i have a 14" big black male being done right now from a june trip.

jim

In the process of having Outdoor Ran and Artistic Anglers mount me up a 31.5" walleye that I got a few summers ago out of the St.Louis River. I will post a pic once I get her home.