• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shakespeare Catera Rod & Reel

jeffyo45

Question

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Shakespeare Catera line of rods and reels (round not low profile)? I can't find any online places that stock the round baitcaster or the rod I bought. Anyone know what the reel (Catera 4300A) or rod (Catera CA 6066-1MH) might retail for? I want to know if they are worth the $50 total I paid for them. From what I can tell the reel is pretty comparable to the Abu Garcia Ambassadeur C3 series, 5.3:1 gear ratio and 3 ball bearings and they retail for around $70. The rod is IM-8 graphite so I think it must be alright. I plan to use it for bass and northern fishing. Trolling, casting crank baits and flipping heavier jigs. Any information would be great. Thanks.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet