Jump to content

    If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

    This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

  • 0

Send unit on a 1998 Evinrude outboard



I have a 1998 Evinrude SLP 50hp with tilt/trim on my 16 ft Lund. However, 2 years ago, when I bought the motor up north I ran in to headaches with the dealer, and when they finally got to mounting my motor, they didn't connect my trim gauge to it.

I used it all last year without the trim gauge, but it is something that has been festering! I understand it is pretty easy to hook up one of these gauges if you know where the send unit is on it and what wires and where to look.

So, with that, my question is where would I look on my motor to find the send unit for the tilt/trim gauge, and what color wires should I be looking for?

Thanks for all the help in advance!


Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

If I recall corectly that that unit is located just below the powerhead in the area of the trim & Tilt. Follow the wires from that up inside along the powerhead and then to your tilt gauge. The dealer may have forgotten to hook up the wires at the guage or the tilt reostat on the motor.
Hope this helps!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.