• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Is it too cold?

Dano2

Question

I have an Inboard 2.3.
I am itchen to pull the thing out of the garage, hook the flu$hit up and let the moter run.
Question is, with the cooler temps (20-30 at night) forcasted for the rest of the week, will this be hard on the impellers if there is water present when the temps get cool at night? I keep it in the garage, so its maybe a FEW degrees warmer in there.
thanks

[This message has been edited by Dano2 (edited 03-30-2004).]

5 answers to this question

after you run it. water muff off and start the boat up and let it run for a sec or two then shut it off and do it again. most of the water will push out. i do that when i take my boat out on the river in the winter so the water doesn't freeze up in the impeller.

Starting your engine without circulating water is hard on an impeller, instead lower your stern drive or outboard and all the water will drain from it. As what was said its the water in the block that you have to worry about freezing. I would wait till temps stay above freezing. If you have to start it up and it gets cold you'll have to provide heat like a light bulb in the engine compartment. Remember though theres fumes in there that will blow you up and your boat.