• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shoot Thru Ducers

Question

Just wondering if you guys out there have and use these and how you like them. I am looking at putting a x15/x18 on my console and thinking of using a shoot thru hull style ducer. This would be on a 619.
Thanks for the responses.

4 answers to this question

I wouldn't recommend using through hull. You will have to find a very flat spot (it will be tough on a 619, since it's completely a V hull), also be sure is completely under water even at full speed, and you will have to be sure not to trap any air bubble with the epoxy glue, ot you won't have correct reading.

I would install a transom mount, easier to adjust and to replace if you replace sonar, 2 screws into bottom hull, and you are set.

[This message has been edited by Valv (edited 03-30-2004).]

I shoot through .190 gauge aluminum on my River Pro.Valv is right,you need a flat spot.Mine is at the transom and it works just fine.I used silicone instead of epoxy.Works just as well and is less permanant.You will loose some of the power shooting trugh the hull,but if you buy a quality sonar with plenty of power you shouldn't have any problems in water less than 100ft.
Its nice knowing your not going to knock it off.A transducer would not last a day on my R.P. as I run some very shallow snag infested water.

MrBig,

What year is your 619? Isn't that standard on a Ranger. I know my 01 R73 had a shoot thru ducer, and as far as I know (I'v only seen the cable, not the ducer) my new 620 has a shoot thru also. I believe that's all they use unless ordered otherwise.
It's not that the bottom of the boat has to be flat, but the ducer needs to be mounted level with the water suface as the boat sits in it.

If you've never called Ranger before, they will answer ANY questions you have and give you their expert advice.

I'm just assuming when you say 619, that it's a Ranger.

------------------
Takin it easy! & if it’s easy, I’ll take it twice!

[This message has been edited by sandman469ss (edited 03-30-2004).]

mrbig. i agree with calling or e-mailing ranger! i have asked them questions about my 364 when i bought it and also had a question about the 680 i just bought. they are great about aswering and have beeen very helpfull!! del