• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stren Super Braid

Bill Powell

Question

Been reading quite a bit on the new Stren Super Braid and wondering if anybody has had a chance to use it yet. I've been using Power Pro on my bait casters its the best I've found so far but after a few days casting starts to fray and have to end for end it to help get more time out of it. Hoping Stren found the cure for this.

2 answers to this question

I bought some 20# Stren Super Braid a week ago when I couldn't find any Power Pro readily available. I have used it only once so far down here in Texas. So far, I like it fine. Casts smoothly, comes of the reel great.
I usually prefer Power Pro, but also use Fireline a lot. Some of the Power Pro was on the reel all last year and I had none of the problems you write about. You might want to check your rod tip guide to see if it is causing the fraying.

I used it most of last year after the Whiplash (junk) on my reels kept breaking.

I now have all of my baitcasters spooled with it. No better super line in my opinnion.