• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Baitcaster reels

Iceman12

Question

2 answers to this question

Depends what U are going to use it for. I use my Abu 7000 for channels and the 6500 for Sturgeon and Salmon. I really like them but it depends what U are going after. I am sure U will get lots of sugguestions. GOOD LUCK.

Depends on how much you want to spend. You can get some good quality reels for under $100 by getting store brands from bass pro shops, cabela's, gander mtn. As far as general stuff I would get one with minimum of 4 ball bearings(the more the better),
high speed gear ratio, and aluminum frame. You will find out from many bass fishermen on this site and others recommending a Shimano Curado for about $120 bucks. If you want to stay with name brands then consider Pflueger, Garcia, Quantam, or Daiwa. Good luck in your search and I am sure you will get many recommendations here.