• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2005 Deer Hunting Photo Contest

I shot this one this year.

521745072ZFqhtQ_ph.jpg

Green Gross score of 190 4/8. Sam Cooke did a write up in the Outdoors section of the Duluth News Tribune on the 20th of Nov. The Saint Paul Pioneer posted the same article a week later. Now I just have to wait a year to get my mount. If all goes well I may get two mounts, but time will tell.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shot this buck the first morning of Zone 3B shotgun season. Taken approx. 9:45am 11/19 near Milleville,MN. He came in grunting, then started quartering away at about 50 yards. He was behind a pine tree when I grunted at him. He stopped dead in his tracks and proceeded to thrash the pine. When he stepped out to get a better view of his opponent, I took the shot. 8-pointer with a 20" inside spread!! What an exciting hunt that I'll never forget.

207469-R1-04-4A.jpg

207469-R1-03-3A.jpg

I had to wade through couple feet of water to get this guy. 131 2/8 gross - My best to date.

8pt.jpg

My buck was overshadowed by a huge buck my buddy found dead on his walk out of our woods the first night. The buck had been dead for quite some time, we're guessing it was hit by a car as it was less than 200 yards from a highway. It's a shame we didn't get to see him on the hoof.

The rack grossed over 191 inches! Massive!

JeffBothBucks.jpgJeffBothRacks2.jpg

131" is nothing to scoff at Jacob12! Notice in that pic where you are holding both how the tines on both lean forward in the same fashion and the rack is similarly shaped. I'd bet money that's a dad and son or some other close relation...

You may be right lawdog, they very well could be related. We went through several years of having bucks with poor, what I called mutated racks where the sides were very uneven. The last year or two the young bucks have had better looking racks (and have been allowed to walk). Hopefully we culled those genetics out and we'll see more like the two I have pictured in the previous post.

Second weekend my brother found a chewed up shed that was massive, even more thickness between the tines than the 191" bucks rack. I'm talking 6+ inches of mass. Could have been from him, but I'm hoping it wasn't.

There are a few guys who pulled their pictures back in early Dec. If anyone knows how to get in touch with them, please have them put them up again.

Contest is over for submitting photos. I have a bunch that were emailed and dropped off at the gallery that I need to get up and start the voting thing. Bottom line.....I'm not done yet. Soon though. Thanks to all of you who participated, and better luck next time for those of you who didn't. Keep checking back.

The Art Barbarian

www.artbarbarians.com