• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2005 Deer Hunting Photo Contest

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well here are two shots of the deer I harvested yesterday during the WI regular gun deer firearms season. A main frame 10 point that weighed 190lbs. The rack had a 19" inside spread and I would say the deer would gross somewhere in the 150's. The deer's antlers had a lot of character to the bases, where it had numerous sticker points here and there, along with a 6 1/2" measurement on each of the bases. I still hunted to harvest the deer, where he was traveling a well used trail, probably in search of another doe. What was odd about this deer, is that he had a very long body and had a huge neck (31") but only weighed 190lbs. Very weird to me, but I found out why when I took his hide off.... he did not have an ounce of fat on his body, and it looked like he was in a train wreck!!! Bruises and gouges throughout his body. A deer that was rutting hard... but probably would not have made it through the winter...

2largeemailview5ku.jpg

3largeemailview9jg.jpg

Here is the 10 pointer that I shot on Nov. 6th. Green score of 152". There was only a couple inches of deductions. weighed in at 207 dressed. 17" inside spread. I also have a close up of the Deer head after it got caped out. I shot it through the loungs at 60 yards out on a full sprint. The sad thing is that it was probably 50 yards broad side at first standing still and i missed. My buddy was 600 yards to the east of me and i heard him shooting 6 times. He shot 3 times and the deer didn't even move and then i guess he was throwing up some mercy shots at the deer. Then the deer came crashing through some tall cane grass and stopped by me. Like i said before i missed the first shot when he was standing still and then missed the second and finally connected on the third shot. I guess you could say it was a lucky shot. But i got the deer and i was pretty happy.

pic27sv.jpg

pic15zr.jpg

bensdeer0027at.jpg

shocked.gif

I do believe that I would soil myself if one that big got within a mile of my stand. That is a HUGE buck!!!! Congratulations to the one who shot it. Hopefully I will get to even see one that big some day. All these bucks on here make me sad that I didn't get mine but I guess we have some time left to try to get out there and stick 'em with an arrow and good luck to all you guys that muzzle load. Hope to see some more bigguns.

Surface Tension, great picture with the young man!!! I have a young son and sure hope he follows in my footsteps!

Swampbuck, Are you kidding me????? That thing took me to instant jealousy mode! tongue.gif Thats a deer of a lifetime!! A 60# Muskie, a 18 lb walleye, a 4 lb crappie and a 8 lb Bass!! WOW!

Nice deer the rest of you guys!!

Outdoors, dandy of a buck!!!

Frank, definately nice to see the young "buck" out there in the woods with ya. Hopefully next year, my nephews will tag along with me!!

Bob, nice picture of the doe, especially by doing it yourself!!

Swampbuck, tell your buddy congrats from me. Definately a deer that runs through a lot of hunters dreams!! Not everyday you see one like that come across ridge.

WOW, I finally took the time to let all the pictures load on account of my sloww connection.

Nice deer guys and some good eatin.

Deer hunting was a solitary thing for me. Its really been a joy to have Jr join me whether it be in the stand or in the boat. I turned him on to Da Yoopers, 30 Point Buck a couple years ago and we've had a ball with it.

Were sitting in the stand and Jr asks what size bucks do we have around here, any 30 pointers? LOL