• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2005 Deer Hunting Photo Contest

ewirz - please downsize your photo like you did in the other forum, thanks.

poutpro - when the contest entry cutoff date is upon us (beginning of January) I make a post with all the contestants and Rick makes a cool voting thing at the end. If you have a computer, you get a vote. Most votes win. Looks like there will be a couple of categories, still waiting to get a some doe entries and a few more trail camera picts.

If I were the one declaring a winner I wouldn't have trouble giving it to Deitz Dittrich's archery spike buck, the nicest photo thus far, although a few others will give this one a run for the money.

I'm going 3B so look out!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He hasn't paid me yet, I thought I'd open up a tab for him.

You have the best trail camera picts (that will be $8 please).

When do we get to see a successful smile on your face? Good luck biglakeba$$

I still have some FREE 2006 Hautman Calendars here at the gallery.

Well he is not the biggest, but after 7 days without a good shot on a deer I was very happy to see this son of a buck chasing a doe at first light of the day.

I don't know how long and how many tries it took my father to finnaly get a shot that didn't blur !!!

I am happy to have this one photo that turned out.

81be0f31b1.jpg

Here is a picture of my buddy and fellow FM member Marine_Man first buck ever. A Goose River buck out of ND. Not a bad buck to start off with for sure it had 17" inside spread. It was a nice fairly symetric 4X4. He got it yesterday morning 11/13/05 a nice double lung single shot kill dropped it in it's tracks. Hopefully I will have one on here next week as nice or maybe a little better wink.gif.

IMG_09302.JPG

My first buck! What a rush! I got him on 11/5 down in SE MN. He came into my area follwing a doe and stopped broadside at 20 yards. 10-points and weighed in at 215lbs field dressed and had a 18" spread. Sorry about the red on the nose it took quite a hit when it fell down. Also great pitures and stories from everyone else. Good to hear others are doing well!

ShowLetter3.jpg

Wow guys! There are some awesome deer being entered into the contest! Congrats to you all. I got one weekend left to get my deer to enter. We'll see how it goes.

Here's another entry from FM member "wildpuckfan".

The story in the e-mail is as follows,

"I shot my, "once in a lifetime," ten-point buck on November 6, 2005, while field hunting in Northeastern Minnesota.

I had watched him run past my stand the last four years and never got the opportunity to take a shot at him.

This was my second ten-pointer of the year - my first, not nearly this large, I got with my truck three weeks earlier!"

wildpuckfan34ba.jpg

wildpuckfan26gc.jpg

Quote:

I had watched him run past my stand the last four years and never got the opportunity to take a shot at him.

If youre sure its the same deer... well I gotta say the 4 years of not taking a shot was worth the wait for this bruiser. Congratulations. I like these dark antlers

WOW Some great picture's guy's and gal. Normally "guys" is a generic term amongst hunters here in MN but don't want to "assume" anything! The God's of hunting sure did shine on you all this year! Myself, I was not able to get out so it will be another year (4th in a row) that I do not have any venison! BDR... I suppose that there are many thoughts/theories as to how that guy lost half of his rack... Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

This deer came in the rain, three hours after sunup opening morning up in zone 1 168. He came in behind me hot after a couple of does about 30 yds off. He bred the doe, then ran into a thicket without offereing me a shot. Waited for about 15-20 minutes before the does came back out and he offered me a shot. Antlers where covered in pulp from rubbing. 9 pointer, my best deer to date. Quite a thrill.

clip_image002.gif

Here is my friends non- typical 10 pointer from the Duluth hunt. Sorry I don't know the score of it yet. I do know he grunted it in to a 15 yard shot and it dressed out at 230 lbs. The taxidermist aged it at a 6 1/2 year old deer! What a massive deer!

Deer2.jpg

old_timers33017921.jpg

With so many entries being that of BIG Deer, wildlife artist Bruce Miller has donated the following prize to the contest! "Old Timers" by Bruce Miller – Signed and Numbered Limited Edition Print. “My wife Deb and I, hunting in Iowa in the early 90's, were at the end of this draw when a big buck busted out the end. I remember he was so swollen from the rut he looked like a linebacker. The junk pile was there and it seemed a good idea for a painting.” Bruce Miller. A complete online portfolio can be viewed by clicking here . Bruce is also the Artist of the Year for Minnesota Deer Hunters Association with the painting "On the River" .

Born in Minneapolis in 1952, Bruce Miller showed signs of artistic talent at an early age, winning his first art contest in the second grade. Given a set of acrylic paints for seventh grade art class, he painted exclusively with acrylics until 1995, when he began painting with oils.

After high school, Bruce majored in art at St. Cloud State University and expanded his horizons as a world traveler. He returned to Minnesota to seriously pursue his art career in 1975. Miller experimented with a variety of genres including portraits, landscape, abstract and surrealism. Being an avid outdoorsman and Eagle Scout, in 1981 he began painting wildlife.

Thanks Bruce for the great print!

Art Barbarians

P.S. for all of you who sent me pictures to post, I will get to it I just haven't had time.....it will happen.

Yes, Quackaddict9, I was speaking of two different bucks. wink.gif

I'm not 100% positive this has been the same deer from the past four years, but my neighbors that hunt around me within a mile radius haven't seen anything bigger than a small six pointer the last few years. And there are plenty of girls around to keep him occupied and close to "home"!

Each time I had seen him, he had been on the run (I'm not fond of the thought of wounding a deer).

I had watched nine does both days opening weekend and was just lucky enough to have a doe in heat on the field that brought him out Sunday afternoon.

(And yes, I was shaking as soon as I seen the antlers come out of the woods!)

I meant in your two pictures, are they the same buck or is one from the gun season and another when you hit one with the truck? But after looking at it more, I think both pics are the same deer you shot this year.. sorry for the confusion.

You had the patience to wait for him to step out after seeing all these does, I wouldve took one for my bonus tag and maybe I would have not a buck like yours.