• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2005 Deer Hunting Photo Contest

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

excellent story Dag and congrats on your buck this year. photo looks good too. thanks for leaving the big one out there for me to through some lead at hopefully this weekend, but congrats again on your deer and nice pics from wyoming

Congratulations on everyone’s success to this point!

There are a lot of trail camera and archery pictures that are in the forums and haven’t been submitted yet.

Minnesota Deer Hunters Association is providing the following prizes to the contest.

Limited Edition Print “Buck Fever Challenge” by Roger Dullinger

Buck%20Fever%20Challenge%20Lg113154635.j

Limited Edition Print “Evening Passage” by Rosemary Millette

Millette%20Evening%20Passage%20lg1131544

And a 1 Year Adult Membership to Minnesota Deer Hunters Association

Membership for one year. Includes 4 issues of Whitetales magazine, membership card, decal, and AD&D insurance.

MDHA Membership Drive !

10/11/2005 - Dear Fellow Deer Hunter,

As a deer hunter, you know the celebration that surrounds deer hunting opener. This year, Minnesota Deer Hunters Association wants to invite you to celebrate with us all year long. 2005 is MDHAs 25th Anniversary and we are celebrating! Sign up as a new MDHA member and receive your choice of a newly designed MDHA Flame Hat or an official MDHA Deer Camp Sign. In addition, MDHA will give you one entry into the June 2006 membership drawing where you might win an Arctic Cat 500 Series 4x4 or other select prizes. All you have to do is download the form ( Click Here for Form ), fill it out, and return to MDHA with your membership fee. Give us a try. Join as a member and celebrate 25 years of MDHA.

Whitetails forever,

Mark Johnson

MDHA Executive Director

A Minnesota Deer Hunters Association Membership makes a great gift!

More prizes will be posted, keep checking back.

Safe and Happy Hunting

Art Barbarians (Wildlife Art Gallery)

On your way up north.....don't forget to stop in for your FREE 2006 Hautman Wildlife Calendar!

I got this fella at 9:00 Saturday morning. Dandy 10 pointer.

I hunt near Zumbro Falls and he came trotting out of the C.R.P. at about 200 yards. I only had to wait about twenty seconds for him. He gave me a very nice broadside shot at 60 yards.

usethisone1as.jpg

Dan, GREAT DEER!! Very nice picture as well! I'm envious, all I saw were spikes, fork horns and a six pointer and dozens of does and fawns... no trophy's like yours! However, the area that I hunt (Itasca state park area) recorded alot of huge bucks. Once again, great job! Was that a neck shot?

16" spread 10-point I shot Nov. 01. He came thru following the largest doe I've seen in years! 22 yards, quartering away. He jumped the string when I released (busted me drawing), and I caught him a little back. Exit hole was right behind the shoulder! Waited the longest 3 hours to go look for him ... I didn't want to risk pushing him if what I saw (quartering away) was not right. Had to hold a flashlight on for my buddy to get a picture ... it was very dark out by the time we recovered him. I watched him run 70 or so yards, then turn left. He piled up 5 yards from where I last marked him from the stand, but better safe than sorry! 175 lbs. dressed.

pdr002225fx.th.jpg

Dan Thiem,

I was hunting in the Zumbro Falls area on sat. as well and came up with pretty much the same results as you. 10 pointer, at 20 yds with a bow. I just thought I'd let you know. Two monsters, same day, same area! WIll try to post some pictures soon.

It was a great opening weekend of hunting for me--and I haven't even shot a deer yet! I just recently purchused our hunting land from my grandpa so that it could stay in the family for many more years. On the opening day I had the chance to help my dad with his seven point buck and than that evening I was lucky enough to help my grandpa find his seven-point buck! The other picture is of my eight year old son and you can see by his face how much he likes to sit in the stand with his dad! Like I said before--it was a great opening weekend for me.

DeerHunting05022.jpg

DeerHunting05006.jpg

DeerHunting05009.jpg

DeerHunting05020.jpg

Big Pine Walleye-

Thanks for the photos!!

My grandpa is in camp with us this year as he's been every year for a long time now. Opening weekend, he didn't see anything. But he calls me last night when he came back to town to tell me he saw the biggest deer he's ever seen ahoof (??), I think is how he described it, the other morning. I know when grandpa gets excited and I knew seeing this deer has already made his hunt. Turns out, he bumped the deer while still hunting less than 100 yards from my treestand. Doh!!! I should have taken Monday off!! I'm hoping he nails a monster one of these years 'cause thats what he's waiting for. He hasn't shot a deer yet since I started hunting with him 5 years ago. He's still waiting for the biggun'.

Great photos!!

Tony%20Eull%20Deer%20Photo%20Contest%20P

Hunters.......there are some great photos on FM not posted in the contest yet. Remember we are willing to add more categories to the contest if we get the submissions, currently there is only 1 photo of a hunting party (not enough to justify a category yet), I'll sweeten the pot on the doe photo category with a mystery prize. Just because you didn't bag a big boy doesn't mean we all could use a little practice setting up and taking photos, that way you will be a seasoned vet trophy photographer when you or your buddy harvests the buck of a lifetime in the seasons down the road.

Please try to take pictures before they are in the back of the truck “Tailgate Shots” and remember to push the tongue in. If the tongue doesn't stay......you have a knife don't you.

Lot of season left…..archery, 3B, Muzzleloader

Thanks, and good luck.

Chris and Adam

The Art Barbarians

763-494-8888

www.artbarbarians.com

Shot this buck last Saturday evening at about 4:50. Was a great deer opener and was good to hunt in Minnesota again. I go to college up at the Univeristy of North Dakota and have been hunting tons of ducks. Nothing compares to hunting Minnesota Whitetails. ooo.gif

f18d0da4.jpg