• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance LMS 330C

MJCatfish

Question

Anyone run this unit through the mill yet? I know it's new, but was wondering if anyone has "sampled" it yet. I know the LMS 330 was and still is a popular unit, but this one has color! Would I be paying extra for the color and not be happy with it? I know if it's Lowrance, it's got to be good.

Thanks ahead of time,
MJ

5 answers to this question

Somebody must have some info on this graph??? I'm curious to hear an experts opinion too.

------------------
Scoot

So I got dat goin’ for me… which is nice.

Well, after a lengthy discussion with an electronics guru friend of mine, RJ, I have turned away from the 330c for the following reasons:
1. You're paying $100 for color and losing 160 vertical pixels.
2. I can buy an LMS 480m for $100 bucks cheaper, which gives me the opportunity to get into some of the mapping components for the money I save.

Any feedback on this decision is appreciated. It is not set in stone yet.

Thanks,
MJ

MJ-I don't have a color unit either mine is last years lms-320(thanks Lowrance for making this unit for one year and then scrapping it thats a nice touch!) My advise would be that to me vivid color seems much easier to see especially from a few different spots on the boat. It just seems to stick out a lot better than monochrome. Either way no money for a new unit for me this year although I like some of the new ones you mentioned.

MJCatfish,With the research I've done, I decided on the 330C. Pixels equal clarity. More pixels with only 2 colors(black&white)and shades of grey isn't easyier to see than less pixels with 256 different colors.With the color version its so much easyier for my 50 year old eyes to see clearly whats going on.Even with the extra 100. its a no brainer for me. I hope we get the Red Wing report soon. Good Fishing. DrJ.