• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey Hunters... How Is It Going So Far?

So here's a quick overview of my double miss night. Had a small nub or doe in, let it get broadside and proceeded to shoot right under it. Well it was windy so it really didn't know what was going on. Couple minutes later it settles down and again is broadside, this time a little closer. Well again I shot right under it. It takes off this time. 10 minutes later a doe comes in and stands right where the other one was the first shot. I was down to one arrow and wasn't about to strike out in one night so I let her go. Found both arrows the next morning, both shots further than I thought. Am no good at judging distances from a treestand. Oh yeah, thats the first time I've ever missed a deer wink.gif

First time to miss a deer... hmmm... guess you don't shoot at too many huh Cooter? smirk.gif

Well I hit the woods for the first time today... Did a morning hunt, then a late evening hunt. Both on different stands. In the morning, I rattled in a decent 8 pointer that I passed on, I believe he was a 2 1/2 year old. He is gonna be a definite shooter next year, already showing good signs of becoming a monster. Seen a couple more deer in the morning too...

This evening, pretty uneventful. Seen three does and I couldnt coax a deer in with calling.

Musky fishing the next couple of days, then next week I will be hitting the woods hard!!

Well..Family was out hunting the land again last night and in the same stand they had 6 more pigs roll in, ended up one of the friends of the family dropped a 230# Boar with the tusks just starting to show. Have a boar hunt scheduled on Saturday with 10 stands open on our land to help get rid of them. Hopefully that will help in the task of getting rid of the vermin.

A buddy got a nice 11pt(17"spread) on Fri evening(public land near Augusta). He missed another buck roughly the same size about 20 min earlier - the first one was skirting a doe. Things should be heating up real quick if the weather cooperates.