• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tica Reels

buzbunni

Question

I had never heard of these reels until Matt Johnson mentioned them in a post(Matt you out there?).

The HSOforum piqued my curiosity.

Anyone out there familiar with this brand? It appears as though they manufacture many of the private label brands out there.

Dealers near the Metro?

------------------
SERIOUSLY! It was THIS big!

9 answers to this question

Tica makes a phenomenal reel, very smooth, and the drag system is excellent. I use Tica for my ice rods and now I've been using them for open water too. There are several different models to choose from for ultralite that will equip your ice rods, and there are also quite a few models to choose from for open water. Tica came out with a new 12 ball bearing reel this year that is awesome! I compare it to any other reel on the market except its only a fraction of the price. Tice has also come out with baitcasters too. Tica is well worth the look if you are in the market for a new reel in my opinion. You can find Tica reels at several tackle shops in the Metro. Most of the stores will carry the ultralites and a few stores will carry the whole line. JR's Tackle (Tackle/Fishing Outlet) up 169 off of 85th carries the Tica line of reels, including the new 12 ball bearing. I'm not sure if they carry the baitcaster but the spinning reels are there.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

I too have have been very curious about these reels, from what I can tell and have heard they are well worth a shot. I found a site on the internet that has them pretty cheap, the one I'm looking at baitcaster Caiman CM 150 I can get for about $35 cheaper then the stores.

Email me me if you'd like the site address.
[email protected]

RU

Great reels for the money. The only downfall is the parts are hard to get. Most reel repair shops don't carry the parts. I believe all or most of the Gander Mtn. Reels are Ticas. These were speacially made for Gander and parts are nearly non-existant.

Great reels until you have to fix one.
It has been a year since I took one in so maybe things have changed by now.

Im with the pimp. Great reels but if one breaks you better hope they will exchange it. I like all of mine. Another great reel for the $ is Okuma. Very smooth and great drags. Way cheaper than a comparable Shimano and mine have been lasting just fine.

Thanks for the input.

Yeah, I think I may give the Tica reels a try.I may also try the Okuma brand. One can never have too many reels.

FishinLogician just bought the larger baitrunner spinning reel from Okuma for Cats on the river this summer; I may join him.

------------------
SERIOUSLY! It was THIS big!

I just bought a new Tica from JR's tonite. Hitting the Rainy next week I will report on how it did in the cold weather for 8 days straight.

Also thought I'd mention Duane of JR's talked my ear off. What a classy, and knowledgable man in the industry. It was one of the few times I have had an extended chat with a person involved in the development and manufacturing and then retail sales of fishing tackle. I was quite impressed!

------------------
If I only had more time!

Brian Rogers

Yep, Duane is a good guy, so is his son. Very knowledgable and nice to talk with.

BDR,
I think that Tica is going to get a work out next week, Vick might learn a thing or two too grin.gif

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

Bought a Tica reel last year and absolutely love it...My only wish is I had a couple of extra spools as I want to use it in a couple of different instances and want different line for them. ie cranks and rigging. But I get by. Maybe I will just have to buy anither one.