• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Parallel 12v wiring

Ultra2004

Question

Want to wire my two deep cells in parallel off my converter so they saty charged..

Do I run the + from the converter to the + on the first battery and a Jumper from the + on the first to the + on the second battery ??

and then the same on the "negative" side ??
Converter - to battety one - and jump from battery one - to battery two - !!

18 answers to this question

Jim:
I'm not sure of the converter .. just know its a 9100 Inteli-Power 120 vac to 12v dc
converter.

I plug into the side of my fish house (120) and it runs thru the converter for 12V. Self charges my battery..
Want to hook up my second "parallel to it

wow that you must live close to the lake. ok then you should just be able to hook to either battery and they should both charge as long as you have them hooked + to + and - to -. you should only hook to one and the other will draw what it wants.The best way to check is to get a cheap battery tester and just test each one after charging. They sale them at gander mountain for pretty cheap. Good luck

------------------
JIM PAYNE

LOL
Well I'm no 12V expert thats for sure.. its a "trickle charge" set up that I just plug in every nite upon return home.. works great to assure I'm fully charged at all times.. The second battery just sits there next to the other so I figured get it into the action..
Actually having a system hook up through the trucks charging system this fall.. will charge up the house batterys on the fly smile.gif
Thanks again !!

Not real sure what the system is called.. I own a Ultrashack and they told me to bring it in and theyd hook up a charge system right to my Tahoe..Sounded slick and even easier then what I have now (lol) lazy !!
But told me that because it's a GM I need to unhook if not running cause it will drain the battery on a GM ??

well this web site sales my stayncharge systems. i am the inventer and owner of the stayncharge products that hook to your truck and charge your batteries while you drive. It is a very easy system to hook up and alot cheaper then having a shop do it. They are now available at gander mountain, northern tool and cabelas but i have given fishing mn a deal better then any one else has and they have been carrying them for over a year now. If you need help just let me know. i live here locally in apple valley. hope we can help.

------------------
JIM PAYNE

Well what a small world at times..
I'm sure its probably your product they are talking about then....
They started putting them on all the houses they build for those with "tow packages" on the vehicle.
My Tahoe and the house both need the wiring redone as my tow system is the basic three prong thing.. so I'm not sure what kind of costs we're talking there !!

well that should not be bad. THey harness is pretty cheap from this site. good luck to you and if it is my harness you can use the same one to charge your trolling batteris on your boat if you have one. good luck again and if i can help in any way you can contact me through this site on my personell info or on my web site stayncharge.com

------------------
JIM PAYNE