• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

any sportfish owners out there?

animalal

Question

I was wondering if you like your boat or do you wish it was bigger or faster.Things like that.I am torn between the 1750 and 1850 crestliner sportfishes. Also, I was wondering if a 140 hp 4 stroke would preform well on the 1850. A 150 4 stroke is little too much money. Any input would be appriated. thanks.

14 answers to this question

I have a 1850 Sportfish and I love it!!
After years of fishing in a skeeter fish/ski we started fishing biggers waters and needed a change. Also the kids were starting to go alot.

I don't have any complaint except the treiler I got in the package was under rated for the size boat. After burning 2 axels and luckily not having a serious accident we bought a new one.

I am very glad to have upgraded the motor to a 150 Johnson. I think the 115 that was standard would be a little light for that size.

Good luck with your choice!

------------------
If I only had more time!

Brian Rogers

The 150 I have is a 97' EFI 2 stroke. Mt guess is the 140 4-sroke would be plenty. According to my GPS I can get about 47mph on a regular basis. Is a 150 4-stroke really alot more? It should just be a different carb.

The original trailor was a Spartan, I don't recall the ratings. The new trailor is a shorelander 3200#. I don't think the brand of trailor was the problem but it was the very minimum rating for the (empty) boat. I am sure I did not help the situation as we regularly travel to LOW, Leech and Winnie from the cities. I probably over loaded with wieght.

------------------
If I only had more time!

Brian Rogers

[This message has been edited by BDR (edited 03-18-2004).]

I have a 1850 sportfish that I have had for 2yrs. For the most part I am very happy with the Rig. I wanted a 4 stroke when I bought it but Yamaha didn't make the 150 4s then so I opted for the 115. While the boat planes out easily and the top speed is around 4o I would like to have a bit more top end. I would guess the 140 4s would have a top end of around 50. I have a 2800 lb shorelander roller trailer and it has worked out great.

I doubt you wil get 50 with a 140 Suzuki on the Crestliner 1850. More like low to mid 40's.

The Sportfish is a sweet boat and with the Suzuki 140 it would be a nice set up.
I am guessing about $2500 more for the Yamaha 150, right? For me it was worth the money to get the 150 4 stroke on my New Alumacraft TS 175.

Good luck!

I also have a Sport Fish 1850.
I love the room and the performance......But watch the floors. Mine is all rotten and they won't replace it for me. Get this... They said they would not replace it because it had WATER damage.....Don't get me wrong I love the boat and will get one again but I will be very careful with the floor.

Decided on the 150 4 stroke. Just because they carrried yamahas. If they had suzuki I would have went with that to save money. I cant believe a floor would rot so quickly. Glad to here you like your boats.

Go with the 1850...most guys that got the 1750 if you notice the papers boat ads they are selling and going to the 1850 always go with bigger when deciding between 2 boats you'll be happier in the end that you did..

Boy did I get lucky. I bought a used 1850 and never looked back. My question to you all is. Do you guys have a kicker on your boat and what size? And while I am asking what about rod holders and any other stuff that you have added on.

Dave

I am curious too. What ideas did you come up with for the boat. I was thinking about satelite radio. and some kind of lighting for night fishing. Do you think wave wackers are necessary? I heard the yamaha t 8 is a nice kicker. supposidly it has tilt and trim. I was thinking about that electric anchor, but i don't know where in front to mount it. it would be nice to have a plate like the trolling motor.

Animalal,
I bought a 03' 1850 sportfish w/ Yamaha 115hp 4str. last March. After the season I had to send it back to Crestliner because the storage doors in the front floor didn't have much support. The hinges started to give (165 lbs.) and were bending in. Crestliner had the boat for two months and re-supported the bow area. Over all I like the boat though. Just keep an eye on the floor. You will be happy with the 150hp. I wish I had one.
Starman

[This message has been edited by Starman (edited 03-23-2004).]