• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Still not smokin??

Paul Rohweller

Question

After a bunch of us quit smoking last fall I was just curious to see who's still left smoke free? We were razzing a smoking buddy at work friday and I stopped and thought , man its been almost 6 months! I dont miss it either. much. lol If you ever considered quitting do it, dont put it off and put it off. Just do it! I got my lungs back..Good luck and good fishin! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387 home
701-261-9525 cell
[email protected]
N.P.A.A. 425
Quality Bait and Tackle, Detroit Lakes Mn
www.scenictackle.com
North Country Outdoors Radio 99.3 fm
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

12 answers to this question

I would agree with you completely Paul. I quit 7 years ago, and never looked back. I was 45 and smoking one day and realized I would probably die a miserable slow death if I didn't quit. I feel better, and don't have that NASTY cigarette smell on me or my clothes.

Paul: You just said it all in a nutshell and I cannot agree more. I quit 14yrs ago(did not realize it till I read your post) and do not miss it at all now. I did have that craving a few times for the 1st 3-4 yrs., but it only made me realize that since I quit smoking, I could take that money that I used for smokes and buy one heck of a brand new locator/GPS, rod and reels and a new shotgun and deer rifle the next couple years. + get my lungs back in shape and ger rid of all of the smoke smell, paint/fabric discoloration ect. associated with smoking.

GREAT POST!

I might actually be able to keep up with my 62 year old dad and his older brother elk hunting in colorado in a year or two. Those two are tough! lolol I did the patch to start with but forgot to put it on one morning, figgered what the heck...Everyone here who quit last fall including myself should thank minneman for starting the original thread..THANKS!!! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387 home
701-261-9525 cell
[email protected]
N.P.A.A. 425
Quality Bait and Tackle, Detroit Lakes Mn
www.scenictackle.com
North Country Outdoors Radio 99.3 fm
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

Still smoke free since Sept. 24th. Those turkey hunting hills won't be quite as big this year. I was just thinking over the weekend that it's been six months, another 6 months and my life insurance can be redone as a non-smoker.

Good to hear that people are still hanging in there with the no smoking game. I have not smoked for about 6 1/2 years and I can say I have not regretted the decision to quit once. I definetly gets easier as time goes on.

Good luck to all that are trying to put that nasty habit behind them smile.gif

[This message has been edited by upnorth (edited 04-05-2004).]

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I will never be a smoker again.

Quit beginning of last October.

Feels to good being able to breathe and also knocking out those colds/flu in a day or two rather than a week or two.

Congrats to all!!! My Parents and 2 of my sisters were smokers and they have all quit and are all the better for it! I can't relate as I never started but I can honestly say I do not miss the smoky house at all.

A sincere congratulations to all keep it up!