• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thorne bros.

Iceman12

Question

I am heading up to Upper REd and LOW for 4 days coming up here. I want to pick up a new rod and want a Thorne bros. Which rod would you suggest of their's, if I want one that is sensitive to a light crappie bite but also has a strong backbone to catch Walleye's with? Thanks for the help.

9 answers to this question

I just bought a perch sweatheart rod from thornebros and absolutely love it. I went crappie fishing and it was the most sensitive rod I have ever used and had plenty of backbone. It's hard to justify spending $50 on an ice fishing pole, but I will be buying another one next season! Well worth the money!

[This message has been edited by huckleberry (edited 03-08-2004).]

A guy from Thorne Bros. emailed me back and said the Perch Sweatheart would probably be the rod for me. I'll probably stop in and check one out tonight. Thanks for all the input guys.

[This message has been edited by Iceman12 (edited 03-09-2004).]

Make sure you put some line on threw the tip and then tie several different lures that you would use on it. 1 at a time of course. Check and see if it is ok for them or if ya have to move up in size a bit.