• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Worm bedding

JPSavage

How did I know that there would be a response to go buy the commercial stuff.....Yes , Of course I can , just was curious how to make my own......cellulous, and other things I suspect....Oh well!

I looked in the book Lunkers love nightcrawlers. It said, go buy some. I would pick up a bag and read the ingredients.

One tip though is four or five days before fishing half fill your container (sour cream or cottage cheese) with pre-cooled vary wet bedding. Add 12-18 crawlers. Now add soaking wet crumpled newspaper, adding even more moisture to your bedding this newspaper should be bulging above the top of the carton so forcing the lid down forms a tight pressure pack. In a few days in the fridge not being able to move around and soking up water you should have " Supercrawlers",or jumbocrawlers.

There are more crawler tricks in "lunkers love nightcrawlers". If it is still in print and you can find it it has a lot of good info on keeping and using crawlers.