• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FishHawk 1750 owners

Iceseeker

Question

8 answers to this question

Hey Ice seeker
I have a 2003-fishhawk, with a 115hp yamaha 4 stroke, with a stainless steel prop under it, also wave wacker's on back & 24volt minkota copilot. alos x-15 depth finder on the bow & behind the dual consual's I have LMS-320 gps-depthfinder, also cd player, under the boat I have a shorelander trailer with roller's, my rod locker has tube's in it to allow the tip's of my rod's free from getting banged around. it a nice running boat 46-48 mph easy. let's go FISHIN.

Iceseeker,

I bought a 1750 FishHawk last May. On it I have a 75 Yamaha 4-stroke that I'm extremely pleased with. After hemming and hawwing, I went with a 55lb. 12volt Minnkota in the front. I was leaning toward a 24volt system (for the thrust and staying power), but 55lbs. really snaps my rig around, and I saved the excess weight/cost of a second battery. However, if you're the kind of guy who uses his electric all day, by all means get a 24volt system. I do recommend splash guards, as the fishHawk has a very low waterline. Even if you don't do a lot of backtrolling they really keep things drier. I have Lowrance X87's fore and aft. Enjoy.

I ordered a brand spanking new 1750, do you guys like them? With Team Crestliner they rigged me up with an Eagle custom trailer, custom graphics, Lowrance fore and aft, m-kota 74lb. 24v. on-board chargers, and a Merc 115 hp Optimax. I get it the end of the month and can't wait to hit the water!!!!! It'll sure beat the 16 footer I ran last year, 65 more horses and a lot of extra room!

------------------
Matthew J. Breuer
Northcountry Guide Service
[email protected]
-----------------------
Custom Jigs and Spins
Phelps Tackle
Today's Tackle
Stone Legacy
Ice Leaders

Matt
Your not going to one bit sorry going with that fishhawk, The only thing that i did was go with the 115 yamaha 4 stroke, because a buddy of mine that we tournement fish together with has the optimax & that thing sucks the gas SO bad, but for the money, you can't find a better boat. Ok that's enough, let's hit the soft water. GONE FISHIN !!!

Thanks for the input, really looking forward to open water and fine tuning.

Won't be long now, am going to Red wing this weekend in another boat for some wallyes and time on the water.

Starman--you were wondering what my pitch & name was on my stainless prop, is a mercury,the pitch i don't remember because when we were testing it out last year to get the right r.p.m's out of it, i bought the prop out of Larson motor service in little fall's, they were excellentpeople to set up my boat, Dave know's his stuff, also you asked about the support in the front of the bow floor? I haven't had any trouble with, I have had guy's ask me that before, someone must of had problems, but no i haven't, I weight @ a strong 240 (give or take ) more give, but other guy's that have fished in front move around alot more than do & it hasn't noticed anything.we've fished alot of tourney's & rode some rough water & it's as good as new. Hope you are as satisfied as I am.----enought said now let's hit the open water

Crestliner-fever,
I have a 03' 1850 Sportfish. Just wondering what brand, size, and pitch your prop is. Also if you have noticed any trouble with the support under the floor. Especially in the bow and under the storage doors and live well.