• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hows Your Auger Running

Surface Tension

Question

This time of year with thick ice and drilling through slush your auger is really getting a workout. If your auger is handling these conditions with no problems you can be assured that you have a clean and well adjusted carb and your good to go.
If your bogging and your clutch is slipping with the added load now is the perfect time to tweak the carb adjustment on the ice. Augers have a centrifugal clutch. If your auger bogs there won't be enough RPMs to lockup the clutch and it'll slip.
Note the position of your adjustment screw and make a small 1/8 turn adjustment then test drill. Start by turning out if no improvement after a couple adjustments and test holes then work your way back in.
Most factory settings are 1 1/4 turn out.

4 answers to this question

I should probably do that to my strikemaster ultra. The thing will bog down some and then the clutch slips. Not the nicest sound to hear.

But my Eskimo Shark works just fine. No tune-up needed there.

------------------
AKA PikeEye 300

ST, thanks, my clutch was slipping. I adjusted the carb screws like you said and running great now.

------------------
Will fish for work
Brian Rogers

[This message has been edited by BDR (edited 02-28-2004).]