• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marcum Transducers

iffwalleyes

Question

Does anyone know if Marcum makes a transducter that is narrower than 20 degrees? In the deeper water that is just to big. I was in 34 feet of water and once I had my gain high enough to pick up the jig I picked up my other line and 2 more from one other that was fishing with me? I need about a 9 dgree cone like Vex makes.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
[email protected]

4 answers to this question

Your holes must be real close or your gain to high. I was in 30' yesterday and had a hole 3' from the other and couldnt see my other line.
I agree though. A Nine degree and a deep water version would be great. I fish water deeper than 160' and I cant with my Marcum but could with my Vex. I hope they look into it and offer it to those who already have a Marcum. Maybe a upgrade of sorts?

Yes the holes were close together in the house. It was a resort house so there isn't really anything you can do differently you have to fish where they put the holes. I and I use mainly jigging spoons that have a very small profile so the problem is that once I get my gain high enough to pick up my jig it also my set line and some others that are near by. So it isn't that my gain is too high it is just high enough to get my jig. I don't like seeing my other line it just gets in the way on my flasher. I have my FL 8 with the 9 degree and it worked ideal for me just isolating my jig and not worrying about what is near the other holes. I know a 20 degree will show more fish but it also shows more junk as well making it difficult to see what I want. I by no means think that marcum should package it differently but I would like to be able to buy a narrow cone transducer for some situations. Most of the time I have no problem in water up to 25 feet but deep than that I start to have issues. Hope the offer a new transducer by next season otherwise might have to look back to a vexilar.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by iffwalleyes (edited 02-26-2004).]