• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jiffy model 30 problem Help!!!!

riverboy

Question

I have recently aquired a older Jiffy model 30, 10" ice auger. It will start but it wont stay running. Also it is leaking gas from what I guess is the bowl on the carb. There is a square plate with 4 screws with what appears to be a gasket betwen the cover and the Carb bowl. The screws are tight. I assume this gasket needs to be replaced. Where can I get it? Can I get one at a auto store? Is this gas leak possibly cause the motor to die, because it is possibly getting air? Or what else? I cleaned up the plug and gapped it at .030. Is this the correct gap? I dont have a owners manual. Once you get it started you can pull the auger lever and it will run and appear to cut great but once you let it go it immeditly dies.

2 answers to this question

fishhook

Yes you are right, after further review and talking to a few guys I figured that out.

After doing a search on the site for Jiffy troubles. I found the info I was looking for. Turns out the low idle screw need a little adjustment. About 1/2 of a turn and she is purring like a kitten. I took it down to the River I fish and tried it out, it cut with a little effort(the blade looks pretty bad) but with new blades she should cut like a hot knife through butter!

Thanks again