• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spiderwire interference on Vex fl-18

Question

Anybody else seen this with spiderwire or other similar lines? As you drop your line down the hole, the screen on the Vex behind the lure fills up with thin green lines. I can still see fish and my lure, but it's kinda distracting. If I put the vexilar in a hole with monofilament line it doesn't happen.

3 answers to this question

I have been having the same problem with Fireline.
I think it is because the line does not shed the water like mono does. It kinda sticks and bubbles to line and thus, the Vexilar picks up the line.
Don't know of any solution, although I sure like Fireline, good hooksets with no stretch.

Hey fatty, I use spiderline an all my ice rods and have noticed the same thing. However, the longer you use it the more it sheds bubbles and gives less interference. The first half hour seems to be the worst. If you fish all day you'll be surprised how little it shows up after a few hours.
Polar Bear