• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How to post pics here!!

1. First upload your picture to a picture hosting site, such as Photobucket or Imageshack.

2. Now you have them stored, goto your picture you want to share,

3.Click on the thumbnail and you should get a picture the fits to the page( if not you can use thumbnail or resize).

4. Right click on the image you want to post.

5. At the bottom select properties.

6. Highlight the web address in properties( NOT FROM ADDRESS BAR) and copy.

7. Write what you want for your post.

8. Wherever you want the picture click on the Image link( Instant UBB Code).

9. Paste the address you copied from the properties.

10. Submit Post

That should do it.

A huge Thank You goes out to BDR for outlining the process...Thanks a Million laugh.gif

MinnesotaMuskie

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would caution people on using AFreeImageHost. Shutterfly will not work here either.

I've had exceeded bandwith images pop up in my avatar for using them.

Imageshack is great! Also heard good things about Photobucket.

I'm going to start another thread for good photo hosting sites and bad hosting sites. Lets get a good list going.

Heres a size chart. Limiting your photos to these sizes will make them easier to view in these posts as well as emails.

I would suggest a miximum width of around 600 pixels. Also most images on the web are of a relatively low resolution. your images only need to have a resolution of 150 DPI max. Most of the photos I upload are 100DPI or less.

graphic11ib.jpg

Why when I follow the directions to post a pic, only the link to Imageshack shows up??? Why doesn't the pic come up?? I resized it to better fit the page and all I get is a link, before I resized it, it showed but it was HUGE!!!!

Actually, anything over 72 dpi is overkill for almost all consumer grade computer monitors. Sizing your photos to a max of 80 dpi, and preferably 72, will keep down bandwidth consumption on the site. There are computer monitors with higher resolutions, but they cost a lot of money, and are uncommon.

Also, as a photographer, I'm particular about not only how big my pics run, but by how they're framed. If you run a pic really big, it's hard for the viewer to get it in perspective. Better to run it a little smaller, which allows for the dead space around the image to draw the eye into it, instead of having to back your chair away from the monitor to get perspective on a monster image.

The nice pic above of the buck and the man and kid is as big as I ever want to run a shot online. It's a nice image. Much bigger, and I'd roll my chair away from the computer to get a better look at it.

First attempt i used Photobucket, did not like the results.

I am posting images with Flicr now, much easier to use. Better results as well. Follow the direction posted here...It's pretty easy. Good luck

And no need to pay the fee, most often. Once you reach your limit it's a simple matter to pull some off when you want to put others up. A lot of them are one-time shots for posting online anyway, but if you keep a copy in a folder on your computer, you can always add and subtract to your online library.

confused.gifconfused.gif

Sorry Guys but I’m apparently just not very smart here…

I did get the Imageshack to work but every time I was actually able to make a picture appear it was the size a postal stamp. I tried the resize thing and nothing ever changed.

It looked just like "jig n' jerk"'s post from 11/22/05 all the time.

No matter what, I could not get it to post at a viewable size.

Any help is greatly appreciated…

Thank you, in advance for any help