• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any Info/Advice, Pro or Con on Tracker?

Slothin'02

Question

Hi All,

My dad's been looking into getting a boat and I'm hoping some of you may have some insights.

We've looked at a ton of makes/models etc., but he keeps coming back to the Tracker Targa 18 with the fishing package, NOT the sport package. He likes this particular model for many reasons, which I won't get into (unless you're curious).

Anyone have any experience, info, advice or anything on this particular boat? How does it stack up against comparable makes/models. I'll take pro's and con's and appreciate brutal honesty if necessary.

Thanks, Sloth

2 answers to this question

From what I understand, the Targa is the only Tracker boat that doesn't have any wood in it. I own an older Tracker right now and I had to replace the floor a couple years ago, I will never own another boat with any wood in it! I was talking to a Tracker Rep at the boat show last weekend and evey time he wanted to show me a boat "I would ask is there any wood in it and if he said yes I told him I didn't want to see it."

With all of the Trackers we have worked on I have been quite impressed with them. We have had customers with warranty issues and Tracker has been very helpfull in taking care of the customer right away without any problems. Quality of the initial product is only half of the value. How the company is going to take care of you after they have your money is just as important and Tracker gets two thumbs up.

------------------
Steve @ Bakken's Boat Shop www.bakkensboatshop.com